Bug Reports 2009 - 2013
Why does the second imported TC IGT under "Plural Inflection" on Typological_Features_Template_for_Akan_(Twi) not show?
--Dorothee Beermann 12:23, 19 October 2013 (UTC)
I just now notice that one cannot any longer embed a hyperlink into a paper which refers to an individual token, and not to the Text that contains it. Hm, I hope I am wrong. Has anybody else notices this? --Dorothee 20:27, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
Sometimes the Gloss- or POS-list of tags 'hangs' and cannot be 'clicked-away'. --Dorothee 22:20, 28 August 2009 (CEST) Still a problem! --Dorothee Beermann 21:38, 21 August 2010 (UTC)
This has been fixed! Really long sentences now almost look as they should. Look at the German sentence below. --Dorothee 15:57, 2 July 2009 (CEST)
Most definitely fixed. Things look exactly as they should and even in colour now :) Try to resize the window or zoom in, it should scale nicely and reflow the phrase accordingly. --Pavel, 1 March 2010
Looks perfect now, not just 'almost' (see comment above) :) --Dorothee 09:21, 1 March 2010 (UTC)
Export to TCwiki distorted -- May, 2022
When exporting to the TCwiki the morph-tier content is not displayed properly. From words with affixes the stems are missing.
The problem is fixed. Thanks for your patience. --Dorothee 19:22, 19 July 2009 (CEST)
A creepy old friend ...
Open token tabs are still bugged - You can neither save them nor provide global tags for them.
We are working on the problem, but until further notice: DO NOT WORK WITH TOKEN TABS
[[Dorothee 14:43, 12 March 2009 (CET)]]
The most annoying bug is the following: When one annotates it makes a lot of sense to keep taps of the most recently annotated tokens. However, as soon as one has one token-tap open, the second token one opens cannot be saved anymore. Even if one now starts to close all previously opened token-taps, it remains impossible to save the token that one just had worked on. :( (Dorothee 17:21, 20 December 2008 (CET))
Bugs creeping in with the Lazy Annotation This bug is new and came with the Lazy Annotation Mode: it seems as if saving is not always possible - it is kind of off and on. As was reported to me from one of the TypeCraft classes connected to a course at Dragvoll saving was not possible until the LAM-button was unmarked. Then saving was possible again. Sorry nothing reproducible yet (Dorothee 18:00, 27 November 2008 (CET)) :( I started to work on a long sentence and tried to add construction tags, but could not use that functionality. Pressed button *CHANGE* for construction parameters, but nothing happened, then I also noticed that I cannot save the sentence. That was on the day LAM was introduced. Have not encountered that bug again (Dorothee 18:00, 27 November 2008 (CET))
I guess there was some cook-up having to do with the change of domain that we did around the same time. Yet there is a real bug which arises when one opens a certain number of token tags under annotation. It is only possible to save changes to the last token that was opened. In addition one cannot open the *Change* button that allows one to specify the construction type parameters. (Dorothee 16:55, 15 December 2008 (CET))
Fixed as of today, [[Pavel 11:18, 24 March 2009 (EET)]]
The Bug List 1. Oh my, long phrases imported from the database into the wiki 'run' out off the browser window. They trail off to the right. :( Is there anything that can be done about that?? You can see what we mean by looking at Documenting Lule Sami. Well ok, it is not a bug really but it looks so incredibly ugly :(
2. In (1) below <:CASE> IS coming before the ILL-SG. Better is: ILL.SG (Kristin) Within the tier annotation of a TCtoken <:CASE> should not appear at all! It is meant as an indication of the grammatical category to which the tag belongs. Information like acc<:CASE should only be available under mousing over tags (Dorothee 12:05, 15 December 2008 (CET))
3. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) Deleting an unsaved text results in user-level error message "Text id cannot be null". Message should be more user-friendly (or dropped entirely).
Message dropped and text gets "deleted" as any other text.
4. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) Newly instantiated phrases are not saved immediately (after navigating through the "TypeCraft wants to know" box).
5. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) Clicking OK in the "TypeCraft wants to know" box when instantiating a phrase results in an empty phrase table. (BMW: have fix)
6. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) It is not possible to delete the final lone word in a phrase table.
By design, fixed minor bug showing in Firebug and added a user-friendly message
7. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) Phrase tabs in text editor remain after phrase has been deleted.
Fixed, they close now
8. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) "Search for phrases" with "Look only within phrases I can edit" checked: Java error "unexpected end of subtree". (BMW: have fix)
9. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) Not a real bug, but annoying. Clicking on a text found via "Search for texts" opens the text in a NEW tab. I would much prefer the text to open up in the current frame.
10. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) "Search for phrases" with "Constr. description" instantiated: Java error caused by "java.sql.SQLException: Column not found: CONSTRUCTIONDESCRIPTION" (BMW: have fix)
11. (Ben 07 Apr 2009) When using LabelConventions tagset in "Search for phrases", the interface appears to be confused. Eg. Constituent Property appears thrice, only one choice is available for Situation Type, ...
This is not a code bug but rather a bad tag set. Should be fixed by whoever entered it into the database.
12. (Ben 17 Apr 2009) Attempts to set "Publish text" to false are ignored. (BMW: have fix)
The development of the Standalone Client has been discontinued
Please report bugs in the standalone client on the StandaloneClientBugs wiki page.