The TypeCraft client is a simple Java application.
Requirements to run the TypeCraft client:
- Java (tested against Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-b33))
- Firefox (version 3 or greater) [REMOVED]
- save the download-file to a directory of your choice
- go to the directory you chose for the download and unpack the TCc.zip
- run the JAR file tc2gui.jar inside of the TCc directory.
Depending on your operating system and on your configuration you might have to do some of the following things:
- by (double) clicking on the JAR file.
- right click on the JAR file an choose OPEN WITH JAVA[version]RUNTIME
- alternatively, you have to run the incantation in your terminal:
java -jar tc2gui.jar
- (Linux users) Firefox enters "Offline Mode" when the computer is not connected to the internet. In "Offline Mode" Firefox fails to communicate with the TypeCraft application. This can be fixed as follows: open a new Firefox window and type about:config at the address bar; click on the button "I'll be careful, I promise"; type "toolkit.networkmanager.disable" at the filter bar you get there; double click on the line for toolkit.networkmanager.disable to set its value to true; restart Firefox. [REMOVED]